Sunday, August 30, 2015

First Week

So last week was our first week of school and my first week in the Reading Coach role when students were involved. I started the week super excited and eager to get into classrooms! However by the end of the first day on Tuesday this about sums up how I was feeling....
 
 
And this is why...
 
 
Yup on Tuesday I walked over 5 miles just at work!
 
By Thursday night I was in tears.
 
I realized that I had scheduled my day at work so much that I was coming home and had worked from pretty much the moment I walked in the door until 8 or 9pm every night in order to be prepared for the next day! I am the type of person that wants to help everyone, be everywhere, and do as much as I possibly can and I think I tried to do too much each day as I started this role.  I came to an understanding after having a mini tear session that I needed to make more time for me if I want to be effective in this position.
 
 
 
So I made time for what makes me happy...exercise!
 
 
 
Friday night I went for a run even though I was completely exhausted.
 
 
On Saturday my love and I went for a 13+ mile bike ride!
 
 
 
 And guess what?! I am feeling much better about my position and remember why I wanted to become a Reading Coach to begin with. Instead of just impacting one class of students, I now get to have an impact over many students and that is what it's all about. I just might need to remind myself of that every now and then!
 
 
How do you find balance between your job and your life? What do you do to relax and reenergize?


No comments:

Post a Comment