Sunday, August 2, 2015

Organized...I hope!

This week marks my unofficial start as Reading Coach at my new school as there are some trainings that are being held prior to the teachers officially returning. Normally at this time I would start to get overwhelmed by everything that needs to get done before school starts and how I would fit everything into my limited time.

Back in the spring while working full-time, finishing my Master's degree, planning a wedding, and training for my Reading Coach position I felt a little very overwhelmed. One day I came across The Together Teacher by Maia Heyck-Merlin. I can honestly tell you that this book helped me transform my organization system and helped me start to plan out my time much more wisely.

One of the systems that I want to implement with more fidelity is using a flexible binder for all of my coaching notes and my calendar.
 Here's a peek into my binder!
 While I use Google Calendar and Tasks for my to-do list (I love that I can access it on my phone, iPad, and computer) I also understand that it's not always appropriate to pull out an electronic device so I also plan on printing my weekly schedule to put into my binder. I have the weekly calendar in a sheet protector within the Calendar/To Do section so that all I need to do is print, slide the new one in, and I am ready to go.

What do you do to stay organized? Comment below!

PS- Happy Sunday. Hope the weather is better where you live. We've had rain for over a week now!

No comments:

Post a Comment